Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cleaning

This year, I have decided to clean my room every Sunday. So on Sunday afternoons (usually around 4 p.m), I clean my room. When I first started this routine, it felt as if I was obliged to do so. However, I found out that when I am cleaning my room I am focused. Vaccuming the floor, folding my laundry, and cleaning the desktops. The tangible work makes me get away from the heinous thoughts of instability. Maybe because I am tired of the fact that there are no clear signs for me right now. As a senior applying to colleges, I am not sure whether I did well on the SAT's, nor am I confident that I will get into a college of choice. The process of cleaning, picking up the broom to vaccuming the floors, makes me happy that I am confident of what to do and the fact that things are getting done. I like to see things get done. Maybe it's just me trying to bring back the analog values back to the digitized society. 


1 comment:

  1. Cleaning can be therapeutic! I'm glad you're finding your groove.
    Fighting!

    -Ms. Lee

    ReplyDelete